Nestor F. De la Cruz Munoz, Jr, M.D.
- Fax: 305-689-1918
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy, ROSE Procedure / Weight loss surgery revisions.
- American Board of Surgery
- Associate Professor of Surgery
- Co-director of the Center of Excellence for Laparoendoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- de La Cruz-Muñoz N, Messiah S, Cabrera J, Torres C, Cuesta M, Lopez- Mitnik G, Arheart K. Four-Year Weight Outcomes of Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Surgery and Adjustable Gastric Banding Among Multiethnic Adolescents. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. In press.
- de La Cruz-Muñoz N, Hartnett S, Sleeman D. Laparoscopic Pancreato-duodenectomy after a Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. In press.
- de La Cruz-Muñoz N, Koniaris L. Alternative Port Site Selection (APSS) for Improved Cosmesis in Laparoscopic Surgery. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. In press.
- de La Cruz-Muñoz N, Cabrera J, Cuesta M, Hartnett S, Rojas R. Closure of Mesenteric Defect can lead to a decrease in Internal Hernias after a Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. In press.
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
1990 B. S.,
Nestor F. de la Cruz-Muñoz is the chief of the Division of Laparoendoscopic and Bariatric Surgery and co-director of the Center of Excellence for Laparoendoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery and associate professor in the DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Dr. de la Cruz-Muñoz is also the medical director for bariatric surgery at University of Miami Hospital, part of UHealth – University of Miami Health System.