University of Miami Health System Gastroenterology is focused on the quality care of patients, clinical research in disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and liver, and the education of physicians in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients with gastrointestinal disorders.
UHealth Gastroenterology physicians have special interest and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of an array of diseases and disorders, including:
- Esophageal Disorders
- Ulcer Disease
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Disorders of the Liver and Pancreas
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Associated Disorders
Diagnostic And Therapeutic Procedures
In addition to consultative services, UHealth Gastroenterology offers a broad array of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Upper Endoscopy
- Small Bowel Endoscopy
- Colonoscopy (including Polypectomy)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Cholangiography (ERCP) with Stone Extraction, Stent Placement
- Motility Studies (Esophageal, Biliary, Rectal)
- Control GI Bleeding (Injection Sclerosis, Electrocoagulation, Laser, and Argo Plasma Coagulation)
- Esophageal Dilations
- Esophageal Stenting
- Botox Injections for Achalasia
- 24-hour Ambulatory Esophageal PH Monitoring
- PEG-PEJ Placement
For more information on these and other services, please call UHealth Gastroenterology at 305-243-8644 (UMGI). To schedule an appointment select option 1.