Ralf E. Gebhard, M.D.
- Fax: 305-243-5846
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- Director, Divison Regional Anesthesia and Acute Perioperative Pain Management
- Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
- Maga, J.M., L. Cooper and R.E. Gebhard, Outpatient regional anesthesia for upper extremity surgery update (2005 to present) distal to shoulder. Int Anesthesiol Clin 50:47-55, 2012
- Missair, A., R.S. Weisman, M.R. Suarez, R. Yang and R.E. Gebhard, A 3-dimensional ultrasound study of local anesthetic spread during lateral popliteal nerve block: what is the ideal end point for needle tip position? Reg Anesth Pain Med 37: 627-32, 2012
- Wadhwa, A., S.K. Kandadai, S.Tongpresert, D. Obal and R.E.Gebhard, Ultrasound guidance for deep peripheral nerve blocks: a brief review. Anesthesiol Res Pract 2011:262070, 2011
- Jaffer, A.K., R.E. Campo, G. Gaski, M. Reyes, R. Gebhard, E. Ginzburg, M.A. Kolber, J. Macdonald, S. Falcone, B.A. Green, L. Barreras-Pagan and W.W. O'Neill, An academic center's delivery of care after the Haitian earthquake. Ann Intern Med 153: 262-5, 2010
- Missair, A., R. Gebhard, E. Pierre, L. Cooper, D. Lubarsky, J. Frohock and E.A. Pretto Jr, Surgery under extreme conditions in the aftermath of the 12 January 2010 Haiti earthquake: The importance of regional anesthesia. Prehosp Disaster Med 25: 487–493, 2010
- Gebhard, R.E., K.C. Nielsen, R. Pietrobon, A. Missair and B.A. Williams, Diabetes Mellitus, Independent of Body Mass Index, is Associated with a “Higher Success” Rate for Supraclavicular Brachial Plexus Block. Reg Anesth Pain Med 34: 404-07, 2009
- Szmuk P., E. Pivalizza, R.D. Warters, T. Ezri and R. Gebhard, An Evaluation of the T-Line Tensymeter Continuous Noninvasive Blood Pressure Device During Induced Hypotension Anaesthesia 63: 307-12, 2008
- Ghelber O., R.E. Gebhard, S. Vora, C.A. Hagberg and P. Szmuk, Identification of the Epidural Space Using Pressure Measurement with the Compuflo Injection Pump-A Pilot Study. Reg Anesth Pain Med 33: 346-52, 2008
- Kaye A.D., A. Baluch, A.J. Kaye, R. Gebhard and D. Lubarsky, Pharmacology of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors and preemptive analgesia in acute pain management. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 21: 439-45, 2008
- Gebhard R.E., P. Szmuk, E.G. Pivalizza, V. Melnikov, C. Vogt and R.D. Warters, The Accuracy of Electrocardiogram-Controlled Central Line Placement. Anesthesia and Analgesia 104: 65-70, 2007
- Warters, R.D., P. Szmuk, E.G. Pivalizza, R.E. Gebhard and T. Ezri, The Role of the Anesthesiologists in the Selection and Administration of Perioperative Antibiotics: A Survey of AACD Members, Anesthesia and Analgesia 102: 1177-82, 2006
- Gebhard R.E., Outpatient Regional Anesthesia for Upper Extremity Surgery. Int Anesthesiol Clin 43: 177-83, 2005
- Ezri T, Szmuk P, Warters RD, Gebhard RE, Pivalizza EG, Katz J: Changes in onset time Of rocuronium in patients pretreated with ephedrine and esmolol – the role of cardiac output. Acta Anaestesiol Scand.47: 1067-72, 2003.
- Gebhard RE, Al-Samsam T, Greger J, Chelly JE: Distal nerve blocks at the wrist for outpatient carpal tunnel surgery offer cardiovascular stability and allow for early discharge. Anesth Analg 95: 351-5, 2002.
- Chelly JE, Greger J, Gebhard R, Hagberg CA, Al-Samsam T, Khan A: A Special Article: Training of residents in peripheral nerve blocks during anesthesiology residency training. J Clin Anesth 14: 584-8, 2002.
- Chelly JE, Gebhard R, Coupe K, Greger J, Khan A: Local anesthetic delivered via a femoral catheter by patient-controlled analgesia pump for pain relief after an anterior cruciate ligament outpatient procedure. Am J Anesthesiol 28: 192-4, 2001.
- Chelly JE, Greger J, Gebhard R, Coupe K, Clyburn T, Criswell A: Continuous femoral block improves recovery and outcome of patients undergoing total knee replacement. J Arthroplasty 16: 436-45, 2001.
- Chelly JE, Gebhard R, Greger J, Al-Samsam T: Regional Anesthesia for Outpatient Orthopedic Surgery. Minerva Anestesiol 67: (Suppl 1 al N.9): 227-32, 2001.
- Chelly JE, Greger J, Al Samsam T, Gebhard R, Masson M, Matuszczak M, Sciard D: Reduction of Operating and Recovery Room Times and Overnight Hospital Stays with Interscalene Blocks as Sole Anesthetic Technique for Rotator Cuff Surgery. Minerva Anestesiol 67: 613-9, 2001.
- Sciard D, Matuszczak M, Gebhard R, Greger J, Al-Samsam T, Chelly JE: Continuous posterior lumbar plexus block for postoperative pain management in infants. Anesthesiology 95: 1521-3, 2001.
- Gebhard RE, Berry J, Gollas A, Chelly JE: Successful use of regional anesthesia to prevent involuntary movements in a patient undergoing awake craniotomy. Anesth Analg 91: 1230-1231, 2000.
- Matuszczak M, Gebhard R, Schmitz B, Doehn M: Continuous axillary block for effective long-term postoperative analgesia. The Internet Journal of Anesthesiology Vol 4 N1, 2000.