Jose G. Castro, M.D.
- Office: 305-243-2399
- Fax: 305-325-3134
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Med-Infectious Diseases
- Associate Professor/Director, STD Program
HIV drug resistance, barrier methods to prevent HIV transmission, vaccines, HIV associated peripheral neuropathy, barriers to access to care to HIV and/or STD clinical services, prevention/treatment of HPV infections, fungal infections in HIV infected individuals.
- Castro JG, Jones DL, Lopez M, Barradas I, Weiss SM. Making the case for circumcision as a public health strategy: opening the dialogue. AIDS Patient Care and STDS. 2010 Jun;24(6):367-72.
- Castro JG, Espinoza L.Images in HIV/AIDS. Keloid after herpes zoster in an HIV-infected person. AIDS Reader. 2009 May;19(5):187-8.
- Casula S, Castro JG, Espinoza LA. An unusual cause of mastoiditis that evolved into multiple ring-enhancing intracerebral lesions in a person with HIV infection. AIDS Reader. 2007 Aug;17(8):402-4.
- Castro JG, Espinoza L. Nocardia species infections in a large county hospital in Miami: 6 years experience. The Journal of Infection. 2007 Apr;54(4):358-61. Epub 2006 Sep 18.
- Castro JG, Manzi G, Espinoza L, Campos M, Boulanger C. Concurrent PCP and TB pneumonia in HIV infected patients.Scand J Infect Dis. 2007;39(11-12):1054-8. Epub 2007 Jun 21.