Jair Munoz Mendoza, M.D.
- Fax: 305-547-2229
- Internal Medicine
- Nephrology - Internal Medicine
Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease
Nephrolithiasis " Kidney Stones"
Long Nocturnal Hemodialysis
Renal care post-nephrectomy
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Med-Nephrology
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
Dialysate sodium, volume overload and hypertension in patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) on hemodialysis
Residual renal function in ESRD on hemodialysis
Outcomes on Hemodialysis
Long Nocturnal Hemodialysis
Renal function post-nephrectomy
- J Sjölund, D Garcia Anton, L Bayes, T Hoekstra, F. W. Dekker, J Munoz Mendoza. “Diuretics, Limited Ultrafiltration, and Residual Renal Function in Incident Hemodialysis Patients: A Case Series”. Seminars in Dialysis. 2016. doi/10.1111/sdi.12508
- J Munoz Mendoza, R Arramreddy, B Schiller. “Dialysate Sodium: Choosing the Optimal Dialysate Bath” Am J Kid Dis, 2015, 66:710-20
- J Munoz Mendoza, V Peev, M Ponce, DB Thomas, A Nayer. “Amyloid A amyloidosis with subcutaneous drug abuse. Journal of Renal Injury Prevention 2014; 3 (1):11–16
- KJ Lizarraga, J Florindez, J Munoz Mendoza, G Contreras, A Nayer “Anti-GBM disease and ANCA during dengue infection”. Clin Nephrol Apr 2, 2014. [Epub ahead of print] PBID: 24691016
- Muchayi T, Mathur D, Munoz Mendoza, J. “Can you hunch get this punch?” Clin Kidney J (2014) doi: 10.1093/ckj/sfu076 First published online: July 24, 2014
- G Contreras, J Pagan, R Chokshi, P Byers, T Isakova, J Munoz Mendoza, et al. "Comparison of Mortality of ESRD Patients with Lupus by Initial Dialysis Modality" Clin J Am Soc Nephrol published online before print September 2014, doi: 10.2215/CJN.02500314
- J Munoz Mendoza, T Isakova, AC Ricardo, H Xie, S Navaneethan, AH Anderson, LA Bazzano, D Xie, M Kretzler, L Nessel, LL. Hamm, L Negrea, MB Leonard, D Raj, and M Wolf for the Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort “Fibroblast growth factor 23 and inflammation in chronic kidney disease” Clin J Am Soc Nephrol, 2012, 7:1155-1162
- R Arramreddy, S Sun, J Munoz Mendoza, GM Chertow, S Doss, B Schiller “Pilot Study of Lowering Dialysate Sodium Prescription in Patients Undergoing Conventional In-center Hemodialysis: Effects on Interdialytic Weight Gain and Hypertension” Hemodial Int. 2012, 16 (4) : 473-480
- J Munoz Mendoza, M Melcher, B Daniel, J Tan. “Multiple renal arteries and non-contrast magnetic resonance angiography in transplant renal artery stenosis” Clinical Kidney Journal 2012, 5: 272-275
- J Munoz Mendoza, LY Bayes, S Sun, S Doss, B Schiller “Lowering Dialysate Sodium Prescription in Patients Undergoing Long Nocturnal In-Center Hemodialysis: Effect on Interdialytic Weight Gain and Blood Pressure” J Munoz Mendoza. Am J Kidney Dis. 2011, 58:956 – 63.
- J Munoz Mendoza, S Sun, J Moran, GM Chertow, S Doss, B Schiller. Dialysate Sodium and Sodium Gradient in Maintenance Hemodialysis: A Neglected Sodium Restriction Approach? Nephrol Dial Transplant 2011, 26:1281-7
- MR Lunn, J Munoz Mendoza, LJ Pasche, JA Norton, GM Chertow. Hyperparathyroidism with Hypercalcemia in Chronic Kidney Disease: Primary or Tertiary? Nephrol Dial Transplant Plus 2010,3:366 –71
2010 Fellowship in Nephrology
2008 Internal Medicine Residency
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos
Dr. Munoz Mendoza received his medical degree from the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos in Peru where he graduated with honors. He completed internal medicine residency at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia and fellowship in nephrology at Stanford University in Palo Alto California. During his nephrology fellowship at Stanford, he studied the effects of the dialysate sodium prescription on interdialytic weight gain and hypertension in patients with end stage renal disease.
After finishing fellowship he joined the faculty at the University of Miami, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension in January of 2011. Dr. Munoz Mendoza is a clinical nephrologist with research interest in volume overload and hypertension in chronic kidney disease and strategies to preserve residual renal function in patients undergoing dialysis.